studio


Today was a very exciting day...after many back and forth decisions on getting a studio space away from home...We finally did it!  I have not had a space since art school, so this feels somewhat new to me...entering the houston art community for real! After years of painting out of my mom's garage, my living room and now our "office/studio", I will be able to call this place my studio.  Don't get me wrong, if you can paint from home, the more power to you. I just find it very difficult with all the distractions (dogs, cleaning, etc...not to mention I tend to procrastinate).  On top of that, I'm just not one of those people who can successfully produce a series of work when I don't want to get paint on the floor..Spreading out and getting dirty is when it really feels like painting and creating. There are definantly ways to make it work- if there is a good place at your house or above your garage that allows you to set up shop- go for it!! I dream for a future house with a studio:)    For me, this space will open up a lot of doors for me, allow me to disconnect from a busy day and embrace a part of me that has been missing for a while. As my friend Kathryn told me today: "The possibilities are endless!" 

(Thank you to my amazing mom and my sweet + supportive husband for going with me today).